Would you like to volunteer with Bramley Elderly Action?
BEA has about 160 volunteers who are involved in numerous roles, including:
- minibus drivers, bus buddies, helping on trips
- helping at one of our many groups or at our information drop-in, helping in the BEA office
- working in our Community Shop
- delivering information and newsletters, fundraising, joining a committee
“Volunteering for me is not being on my own and doing something for others and the community.” Pat
As well as being vital to our work with local older people, volunteers can gain a lot themselves from their work. You can use your skills, develop new ones, meet people and keep mentally and physically active. You can also get great satisfaction from knowing that you are giving your time to help your community. If you are looking for paid work, being a volunteer will give you valuable experience for your CV and you will be able to get references.
You can apply to volunteer in any of these ways:
- complete and send the online form or
- download the application form, print and complete it, and post it to
Maureen Rushworth, BEA, Bramley Community Centre, Waterloo Lane, Bramley, LS13 2JB or
- phone BEA on 0113 236 1644 and ask for an application form to be sent to you