- What’s your volunteer role?
- How long have you been a volunteer?
8 years at BEA (and 38 years for the Scout Movement)
- Why did you get involved?
After retiring at 64 I needed something to occupy my time.
- Three words that sum up BEA for you?
A lifeline, support, friendship
- What do you get out of volunteering?
Satisfaction, fun, helping others, motivation.
- What else do you like doing?
Most of my time is taken up with Scouts, but I do crafts, walking the dog and gardening…
- Where were you born?
Hazlewood Castle, just outside Leeds. It was made into a maternity hospital during the war.
- What’s your favourite film?
‘Singing in the Rain’. First saw it when I was 9 years old.
- And your favourite book?
Anything Agatha Christie.
- Tell us one interesting fact about yourself
If I start something or join something I stick at it through thick and thin. (I worked at Leeds City Council for 34 years, married 52 years, scouting 38 years, same house 52 years. Boring or what?!