- What’s your volunteer role?
Delivering newsletters. I used to do the drop-in, be an exercise group leader, help in the shop, and be on the fundraising committee.
- How long have you been a volunteer?
Since October 2004.
- Why did you get involved?
Needed things to fill my life – this is very satisfying and I never get bored.
- Three words that sum up BEA for you?
An excellent charity that cares for people in my area. (Sorry, 10 words!)
- What do you get out of volunteering?
Great satisfaction helping others – making new friends.
- What else do you like doing?
I love painting, and go to an art group. I have a large family and I always make birthday cards for all of them.
- Where were you born?
- What’s your favourite film?
‘A Town Like Alice’
- And your favourite book?
‘A Town Like Alice’ (Nevil Shute)
- Tell us one interesting fact about yourself
My house is very untidy – I absolutely hate housework!. I live on my own except for a cat and a dog, both rescue animals.