- What’s your volunteer role?
I volunteer as an escort, helping out on Thursdays for the lunch club and shopping trips.
- How long have you been a volunteer?
I joined BEA in April 2012.
- Why did you get involved?
I’m self-employed, working from home, and I wanted to have a change of scenery now and again and do some good at the same time.
- Three words that sum up BEA for you?
Friendly, dedicated, lifeline.
- What do you get out of volunteering?
I very much enjoy my weekly stints helping out on the minibus. Not only have I made some good friends among the members I help, but it gives me a chance to have a break from work and get involved in the local community.
- What else do you like doing?
I love what I do – I’m a polymer clay artist.
- Where were you born?
- What’s your favourite film?
1986 film, ‘Labyrinth‘.
- And your favourite book?
‘Daughter of the Forest‘ by Juliet Marillier.
- Tell us one interesting fact about yourself
I was the Scottish Junior Archery Champion in 1986, and I represented Scotland in a number of international archery competitions!