- What’s your volunteer role?
I run the Lucky Numbers Club. I was Company Secretary on the board for 14 years, and also did admin work in the office for most of that time. I was also involved in producing the memory archive.
- How long have you been a volunteer?
- Why did you get involved?
When I first retired in 1992 I did various courses (including maths, English literature and computing). A neighbour mentioned BEA, and I was looking for something to do.
- Three words that sum up BEA for you?
Caring, informative, opportunities
- What do you get out of volunteering?
Friendship with staff, volunteers and members, and a reason to get out of bed in the morning.
- What else do you like doing?
Embroidery and some knitting. I used to love to swim but I can’t now. And family!
- Where were you born?
Stonegate Road, Scott Hall
- What’s your favourite film?
- And your favourite book?
In general, fiction about the 1920s-50s.
- Tell us one interesting fact about yourself:
I was an Akela in a local Cub Scout pack in my late teens.