- What’s your volunteer role? I lead the Tuesday exercise class at Bramley Community Centre and supervise bingo on Thursdays.
- How long have you been a volunteer? Since January 2017, doing the exercise class since the Spring.
- Why did you get involved? After retiring, at first my family needed me, but then I felt a bit redundant. It’s given me back my pep and vitality!
- Three words that sum up BEA for you? Friendship, caring, included
- What do you get out of volunteering? Feeling wanted and valued. It’s good for my self-worth. I can do what I’ve trained in all my life.
- What else do you like doing?All sorts! Caravanning with my grand-children, and line dancing (which I’ve been doing for 23 years!)
- Where were you born? Lee Moor Common (a village near Wakefield.) I moved to Bramley in 1965.
- What’s your favourite film? Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
- And your favourite book? Things by Dilly Court and Josephine Cox.
- Tell us one interesting fact about yourself I’ll have a go at anything!