- What’s your volunteer role?
Help in the office and at events like the Christmas Fair.
- How long have you been a volunteer?
- Why did you get involved?
I work part-time and wanted to use my spare time doing something for the community plus when my father was alive he had help/assistance from BEA which prompted me to volunteer.
- Three words that sum up BEA for you?
friendly, caring, supportive
- What do you get out of volunteering?
I enjoy the atmosphere in the office and at outside events, in particular I like meeting people
- What else do you like doing?
I enjoy travelling and visiting different places. I also enjoy going to the theatre.
- Where were you born?
- What’s your favourite film?
As it’s Christmas I’ll be topical and say ‘White Christmas‘!
- And your favourite book?
Couldn’t think of just one – too many!
- Tell us one interesting fact about yourself
I own a retired guide dog and have become involved with funding for guide dogs