Older Wiser Local Seniors (OWLS) is the Leeds Neighbourhood Network Scheme for older people living in Burley, Hyde Park, Little Woodhouse, Headingley and parts of Kirkstall.
OWLS is part of Bramley Elderly Action, and is managed by Fran Graham (Operations Manager) and Lee Ingham (General Manager). It has its own dedicated staff team of Catherine Skyvington (Activities Co-ordinator), Jenny Oates (Outreach Worker), Brian Smith (Driver), with admin cover by Vicki Thompson.
Membership is free to people over the age of 55 who live in the area. Members receive a quarterly newssheet inviting them to take part in various activities, including:
- monthly trips
- freshly cooked lunches at All Hallows Community Cafe (every Wednesday)
- gentle exercise class at Headingley Parish Hall (Tuesday mornings)
- shopping service to Kirkstall Morrisons (fortnightly)
- befriending project for our more isolated members
- Bollywood movies at Hyde Park Picture House
- Caribbean Lunch Club at Kendal Carr (every Thursday)
- Lads Lunch at Headingley Stadium (every other Friday)
Greg Mulholland, MP for Leeds North West, is patron of OWLS.
Please get in touch if you would like to join OWLS or find out more about any of our activities.
Headingley Enterprise and Arts Centre (HEART), Bennett Road, Headingley Leeds, LS6 3HN.
Tel: 0113 369 7077