A Money Buddy will not judge you. They can support you and help you learn how to deal better with money. They can support you, with a wide range of issues, for as long as you need them.
Read about one of the regular Money Buddies.
A Money Buddy will be available at Bramley Lawn every Tuesday from 2.00-3.00, to help with money problems. A Money Buddy volunteer can help you with all of the following:
- Check what benefits you may be entitled to from the government, to maximise your income
- Make sure you are safe, by identifying any immediate risk, and refer to a specialist if necessary
- Deal with loan companies, including helping to write a Financial Statement to creditors
- Plan a budget
- Find the best energy deal
- Switch energy providers online
- Apply for grants to get electricity or gas arrears written off or reduced
- Apply for Discretionary Housing Payment (if you are affected by the bedroom tax)
- Give you money saving tips
- Get grants towards repaying arrears in water rates
- Report loan sharks, safely and confidentially
- Open credit union accounts online
- Gain and develop confidence in yourself
You are very welcome to take part in our regular Games afternoon if you are waiting to be seen by a Money Buddy.
Leeds Money Buddies is managed by Ebor Gardens Advice Centre.